Betta Fish Forum banner

New Double Tail

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Romad 
#1 ·
So, as some may know, my crowntail betta Laurence died the other day. Yesterday I went out to find another, and caught Petco on the day after they got a new shipment in. The result is a gorgeous multi-colored Double Tail male that I have fallen in love with. He's pretty big, so I think he's fully grown now. I have no name as of yet, so I'm going to ask you all to help me pick one out xD
Here's a couple pics of him. He's not as good of a poser as Sherbet, but I think that may just be because he's in a smaller, 1 Gallon tank right now. Also, the camera has made him out to be more blue that he is. He's actually mostly green.

And because he looks amazing in this picture for some reason...

Alright, here's the possible names I've chosen. Feel free to offer up anything you think will work too :)

Llyr- Means "the sea" in Welsh. {No pronunciation available.}

Nereus- Means "water" in Greek. {NEER-oos (English), NEER-ee-əs (English)}

Phrixos- Means "thrilling, causing shivers" in Greek. {No pronunciation available.}

Castor- Means "to shine, to excel" in Greek. {KAS-tər (English)}

Kreios- Means "lord, master" in Greek. {No pronunciation available.}

Lol. Mostly Greek, I suppose. So, what do you think?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice!!!

I love his dorsal fin!!! That's probably I why I love DTs so much :)

#4 ·
Yeah xD I go on Behindthename, and looked up Mythology names. It's a great site x3 And I took some pictures of him with flash on, and you can see he's colors ten times more accurately. I'll upload them in a second. He's only got blue on his body, all of the blue on his fins are actually green.

#12 ·
I was torn between him and a marbled purple crowntail, but I`m in no way an expert in Bettas, so I was a little hesitant to pick up a lighter fish. The other guy was gorgeous, but he looked pale, and Laurence's death was fresh on my mind, so I went with this guy. I'm happy for my choice :)

#14 ·
I looked at females, but my Petco only has black or brown females, and most of them were sick. They also had four kings, but a one gallon just is too small for a king. Maybe when I get a ten gallon, I'll reconsider. Then again, when I get the ten gallon, I'll probably try for a sorority xD By then I should have the experience to try one out.
Gah! I just love bettas! All of my friends think I'm nuts, and my mom thinks that four is four too many! xD

#16 ·
I was having a hard time choosing Tillikum. There was a green BF HM. A mustard gas HM. A solid green HM. A Dark blue DT and then Tillikum.

#17 ·
Sadly, the Petco around here rarely has HM or Deltas, but when they do, they're usually in bad shape. They mostly have VT or CT, which is why I've had four crowntails. I really want a HM though. I've got a secret goal to get one of every main type of betta before I get out of high school xD I doubt it'll happen, but I can dream :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.