Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Tank Contest!!

11K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  BlueInkFish 
#1 ·
BETTA TANK CONTEST!​

I want to do one more contest before school starts so here we go, betta tank contest!! bettafish.com is not associated with this contest, this contest is run by me alone. permission given by Olympia.

RULES​

1. This is a photo contest, photos only.
2. The tank must be yours, it can be a past tank but absolutely no random Internet pictures or cheating.
3. This is a tank contest, so I am asking for tanks only, no bowls.
4. The tank must be a betta tank, your tank can have other fish/animals but it must have at least 1 betta in it (or more if its a sorority/divided).
5. Your photo must show the betta in the tank.
6. It does not have to show every bit of the tank but the photo should cover the majority of the tank.
7. You can submit more than 1 photo but it must be the same tank.
8. No special effects or enhancing allowed since not all members have access to these programs, you can have a watermark though.

JUDGING​
I will be one of the judges, if anyone else want to judge you can PM me and let me know, there are unlimited judging spots, you just have to be able to communicate on time by PM. oh, btw, you cannot enter if you choose to judge. Other judges will be revealed at the end of the contest. Please don't ask on this thread! thanks!!​

WINNERS 'N' PRIZES​
First Place: An art wallpaper of your betta/other fish (up to 3 fish) drawn by me + 1 betta pixel
Runner up: An art wallpaper of your betta/other fish (up to 2 fish) drawn by me + 1 betta pixel
Third place: An art wallpaper of your betta/other fish (1 fish) drawn by me + 1 betta pixel

EXAMPLE PRIZES FROM MY LAST CONTEST:

You can also look at my betta drawing album for more ideas

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS AUGUST 31ST 2013 11:59PM CENTRAL TIME​

Have fun! :BIGhappy: If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me​

See less See more
#2 ·
Lol I was reading the rules and I scrolled down and I was like "Heeeeyyy! That's my girl!" lol I love that wallpaper btw!

Anyway, I'd like to enter my Marineland Eclipse 3 tank. It's a 3 gallon tank, a slight bow front which makes it very interesting indeed. Currently it holds one occupant; Ditto the HMDT Chocolate Betta boy.

Plants are as follows:
Dwarf Hairgrass (Currently making a carpet out of it)
Red Rotala
A few growths of Microsword
1 stem of Bacopa Caroloiniana
2 Anubias Nana
1 floating Water Sprite
1 small Planted Water Sprite
1 Small Marimo Ball
A small cluster of Cryptocoryne Parva
1 Small Driftwood piece

This is a regular planted tank with Black Tahitian Moon Sand as substrate, a T5 6,500K fluorescent tube and SeaChem Flourish with 1 drop per gallon once a week along with half root tabs (4) throughout. It see's 10 hours of light each day.

#4 ·
Soooo question for you. The tank I want to enter is my Japanese Garden themed tank. The best pictures I have of it are before I put the fish into it, although I do have at least a few of the fish in the tank. Can I enter the ones without the fish AND at least one with a fish to prove it has an inhabitant? Or would that not be allowed?

#6 ·
Oooh, yay!!

This is my Japanese Garden themed tank, which has been used by two different fish (with a thorough cleaning between the two, of course lol). It is a cycled 5.5 gallon with black and white gravel as substrate and currently the home of Hiei, my copper dragon HMPK. It used to house my pastel pink VTDT (veiltail doubletail... haven't seen many of those on here, so I hope that acronym is right! lol) Zen.

View from above! ^^ To show off the white "river" hee hee

Zen checking out his new home shortly after being released.

Hiei, the current inhabitant, showing off for his neighbor~

#7 ·

Here's my 20 gallon long community tank. It was a sorority once but unfortunately a wicked infection knocked out all of my girls. SO now it's home to some cories, tetra, and one pretty white see through looking girl named Mizuki. You can sort of see her in the upper left.

Here's a better shot of her. She was a Petsmart find.

Here's one of the albino cories in his never ending search for food.

#8 ·
This is my 10g sorority, home to seven girls and one very large snail that I just found today.

There are way too many plants in here to count, yet I still feel as if I need some more... :p

EDIT** Just realized that all seven girls are actually in the photo! It was feeding time! Bonus!

#9 ·
This is Kafae's (female Mahachaiensis) tank. I'm still working on it, and it may look small, but you're actually viewing it from the short side, not the front, and it's a 2.5 gallon tank.

and here she is to prove that someone actually does live there.

#13 ·
I really want to participate in this contest, but my sorority has algea problems in their temporary 60 litre/15 gallon and in about 2-3 weeks they're moving to my 450 litre/120 gallon tank... So, I can't participate :(

#22 ·
I am entering my 20 gallon sorority, which houses 10 female bettas and 9 corydoras

#24 ·
Here's my divided 5 gallon for my two boys!!!

From the front:

From the top:

Tsunami's side:

Fiji's side:

Tank is at about 79 degrees
Black gravel
Only live plant is Duck Weed
Mopani driftwood on both sides
Silk plants
Filter on Fiji's side
Heater on Tsunami's side

#26 ·
Titans' Simple Tank

It is a 2.5 gallon tank. it has two silk plants and a glow in the dark rock. With different shades of blue, with teal and white substrate. Titan just never stops swimming in his home.

Forgive me, but I do not know how.to make the images smaller from my phone.
Anyway, hope you enjoy.

#27 ·
Betta Sorority

Ah what the heck. This tank is nowhere near complete...I have some driftwood I need to put in it still, then work the plants around it, and hide the heater. Buuttt...I'll enter anyways.

This is my 10 gal betta sorority. Currently just has 2 females, but the remaining ones will be arriving the middle of this week! Just over a week into this tank. I was given the females free when I ordered a really nice male betta from a breeder...The females were a surprise! I had to scramble to get a tank setup. Thankfully I have an established tank already (my dwarf puffer) and was able to seed some media.

#29 · (Edited)
here is my planted 3g home to Mercedes! She is very small. you probably won't be able to find her so I'll include a seperate picture with a few close plant pictures!

here is my list of plants that I can remember!

ceylon hydro
java fern lace
pennywort
moneywort
alterna rein
mixed moss
ludwigia
vals
and a few others

http://m1279.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/jesssan2442/IMG_20130824_124337_zps65b6dcf5.jpg.html?o=56&newest=1

here is a picture of her
http://m1279.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/jesssan2442/IMG_20130824_125010_zps4ee7ec16.jpg.html?o=19&newest=1

another picture of her
http://m1279.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/jesssan2442/IMG_20130824_124845_zpsae9bc577.jpg.html?o=40&newest=1

I lied I don't actually have any plant close ups on my photobucket lol! I'll get some tomorrow if I can add them on!
And sorry I can't for the life of me get my pictures to upload

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.