Betta Fish Forum banner

Nightmares?

475 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Flapmon 
#1 ·
Hi, so I have a little problem. This is my first post so I don't know how well I can explain things. In the midst of going to brush my teeth I noticed one of my boys, Duke was in his usual sleeping spot but what was so off was that the underside of his head was silver/white. It wasn't patchy and it wasn't in random spots so this worried me to the point where I sat with him, I noticed that his colour slowly began to come back. Do they have nightmares? He acted completely normal when I was with him.

#2 ·
I'm no expert but it could be, but i wouldnt worry too much. If it was a nightmare, they might be a little stressed and they can loose a bit of color cos of that. If it happens a lot it may be because of low blood flow from when he is asleep.
And as long as hes eating and doing fine, i wouldnt worry to much.

#4 ·
It looks like he's sleeping, when he's awake he usually follows me around his bowl. When I walked in he was still, so I'm just assuming he's sleeping. The next day? Perfectly fine, back to normal colour no white patches or anything abnormal. It's weird though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.