Betta Fish Forum banner

concern.

590 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  marshamore 
#1 ·
there's what looks like a knot on my betta's head, it's just above the line where his gill ends, it's about the size of a ballpoint pen tip. i just. i don't know if it's a big deal or something i should be worried about ?

See less See more
#3 ·
no, he acts just the same. :| still really active, swimming happy and working on his bubble nests. he's had it for awhile now, i don't know maybe it could be scar tissue? i hope it's not a tumor D: but, i just. haven't a clue. it's the same color as him but maybe a lighter red.

#5 ·
From the description it doesn't seem like a parasite. Can you see the scales very clearly? are they malformed or missing where the bump is?

Fish get bumps and live for years and years after. Hopefully it's harmless. Make sure he is still eating and check on it to see if it grows, bursts or changes colors. I'd take pics of it often for a while, so you can compare.

#6 ·
His scales are fine, none missing and nothing malformed... I hope it is just one of those bumps. xD If anything it might have gotten a little brighter, but even that i'm not sure. I also noticed he has another one on the exact other side of his head, but much smaller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.