Betta Fish Forum banner

Salt in water + salt bath?

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  kuklachica 
#1 ·
I have salt in my 10 gal (2 tablespoons, as per carton directions). I would like to treat two of my guys for fin rot (they had it from the store when I got them one week ago and a couple of days ago). However, is it necessary since I have salt in the water already? I know the salt bath would be a slightly higher concentration, but is it enough to make a difference compared to what they are in now?

Thanks!

#2 ·
When I was treating fin rot, I gave salt baths AND used salt in the quarantines. The salt bath is a lot more concentrated actually. I would give the salts baths on top of the salt in the tank. You might be able to to knock out the fin rot a lot faster and keep it from getting worse.

#5 ·
No problem... just wondering cause my CT seems to have black on the edges of his tail fins... I don't remember it there last week (when I got him) but I might have missed it since he didn't flare much then. His fins look 100% perfect with no tearing, ripping or anything. Just wasn't sure if this could be a sign of rot to come or just his coloring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.