Betta Fish Forum banner

How should I travel with my bettas?

• Leave them at home... they will be fine for 3 weeks (EEEKKKK!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is a toughie... I dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

traveling w/ bettas

898 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rustyness 
#1 ·
So... its the holidays soon and I will get out of school soon. I will be traveling back home (which is a 3 hour drive) and was wonderin what is the best way to travel w/ my 2 betta males? I need to carry all of their supplies as well. If I put them in ziploc bags would that be okay? I hate to travel w/ them... but I won't b coming back to my school's apartment until 3 weeks when school starts again. So I need to make sure they are okay and I will be taking them back home home with me... any suggestions?

Thanks!!

#2 ·
My cousin traveled for 11 hours with her two bettas, she put them in two margarine containers that had 1 inch of air at the top.
That seemed to work quite well.
Or, if you had a roomate/ friend who could watch you bettas, I have done that, and that works too.
Or, i have no experiance with these, but i think you can buy "Vacation Feeders".
:wink:
(My friends left their bettas alone at home for 1.5 months, and they survived...)

#3 ·
do NOT go for vacation feeders. they can really mess up water parameters.

I would recommend just keeping them in Tupperware containers or something. that way it's a bit more of a solid home and you dont have to worry about the bags opening or getting crushed or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.