Betta Fish Forum banner

New beta fish

2K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  veganchick 
#1 ·
bought this guy the day before yesterday from an LFS. idk what kind of betta he is though, i havent seem him flare yet :-(

anyone got name suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a combtail (crowntail veiltail cross) to me. He's very cute! I love how his pectoral fins are half red and half clear :)

#7 ·
I ALWAYS have the same problem, I can NEVER think of a name for my bettas! My first one wasn't a problem because I KNEW when I got a fish that I was going to name it Sushi, but then I got a red fish, and I was like braindead, I couldn't think of a name! Eventually I just named him Sashimi for lack of a better idea. Well, eventually I switched my red fish for my friend's purple one, who we named Bitchfish. Its a long story as to that name, but it took us like a month to figure out a name for him! Finally, I couldn't figure out the name for my most recent fish, so I sent a picture of him to my friend and she was like "THATS THE GAYEST FISH EVER!" (because he's pink). Soooo.... he's not supposed to be pink, he's supposed to be all white, but the lighting makes him look pink, so he's 'putting on the red light', so we named him Roxanne. (REALLY corny joke, but still).

So anyway, your fish is beautiful, I'm just warning you to keep an eye on his tail because of the black ends. I got a betta with black on the end of his tail and it looked like his coloring, but it turned out to be fin rot. So just watch him and keep the water clean etc. just because I wouldn't want your poor fishie to develop fin rot...

ALSO, for a name what about Calcifer (the fire demon) because it matches his colors, OR Stigma which is a Greek letter, but it just sounds cool. There's some ideas. (Why can I name everyone else's fish except my own).

#8 ·
ha i think Roxanne fits him well from what you said. i probably would have went with something like Floyd for Pink Floyd or something equally dumb. and ive watched the black since i got him as i originally thought it might have been fin rot or something, but so far it hasnt moved and the fins are all intact so im starting to think that it is jut his coloration :)

#10 ·
Yeah everyone is saying that I should have named him Pink Floyd lol, but I like Roxanne better. I love my bettas so much, but Bitchfish needs a new tank which I sadly don't have the money for and I feel so bad for him in the little tank that he's in.

#12 ·
A very tiny one, its my isolation tank for when one of my fish get sick so I don't have to clog the filters with fish medication. Its like a half gallon. I wasn't expecting to get Roxanne, it just kinda happened, so I didn' t have the money to buy another tank. Roxanne is bigger than Bitchfish so I put him in the bigger tank. I feel SO bad for Bitchfish, but he seems to be happy anyway... he's making bubble nests...

I still need a new tank for him, so hopefully I'll get some money for the textbooks that I'm selling on eBay and I'll be able to get him a tank. Now the problem is that I'm running out of electrical outlets... hmm...

#14 ·
I HAVE a power strip already lol, and 4 of the outlets are taken up by my tanks and then one by my laptop charger and the last one by my cell phone charger... Its insane how much stuff needs to be plugged in, but I WILL have the money for a tank by this weekend!

Maybe I'll buy a 5 gallon with a divider and save myself outlets... hmm...

#16 ·
Yeah it is, now the only problem is that the divided tank costs more money than a regular tank. Well I sold my textbook on ebay for 50 dollars, so that's how much I have for a new tank. So maybe I'll get 2 divided tanks and get another betta too! YEAH! More excuses to get another betta!

#20 ·
You guys have awesome names for your fish! Pink Floyd, cracks me up! I used to have a Jerry Garcia goldfish, that's before I discovered my love of bettas! Some people on here have probably heard names of my bettas before... I name my fish after high class designers. It all started with "Valentino." When he lost his battle with swim bladder, I got "Giorgio Armani." Then, I couldn't resist and got "Manolo Blahnik." I'm always interested in what people name their pets! Funny enough, I do not wear designer clothing... maybe I could if I didn't spend ridiculous amounts of money at the fish store!

#24 ·
Ohhh ok, yeah everytime I get a new betta he goes nameless for a few days because I have to think of a name.

#26 ·
Yeah it happens. I should make a list of names that I want and keep the list so that next time I get a betta I'll have a name!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.