Betta Fish Forum banner

New beta fish

2K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  veganchick 
#1 ·
bought this guy the day before yesterday from an LFS. idk what kind of betta he is though, i havent seem him flare yet :-(

anyone got name suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
I have 3, but I definitely want more.

So...... more problems that I have (they never seem to end).

On Sunday I'm going back to school and we're making a pit stop in NYC to visit my aunt in the hospital. The problem is that (of course) I'm bringing my betta's back with me, and there isn't going to be any heat on in the car for about an hour or 2 (meaning its going to be freezing). If I bury my bettas under blankets and jackets do you think that they'll be ok for a few hours?

#32 ·
I ordered some heat packs used to ship fish in case of a power outage. You could get some of those hand and feet warmer things. They work the same way, I think. A neighbor of mine just got some for her daughter who is a police officer and will be in Washington for the inauguration. It will be really cold there. She got them at a sporting goods store, I believe.I'm not real sure exactly how they work but I think you open them and they start working in a few minutes. You could put the fish in small containers, like gladware containers and put them in a cooler with the warmers.

#33 ·
THAT WAS A GENIUS IDEA!!!!!!!!! I didn't even think of that. I actually think I may have a few of them in my house. Thank you SO much for thinking of that. Now all I have to do is either find the hand warmers or go and buy new ones!

#34 ·
Hahaa, thank you for calling it a genius idea. That made my day! lol Thats great if you have some already. After the power outages people in New Hampshire and Massachusetts had, I don't want to lose my fish if my power goes out. So I bought some shipping heat packs. Around here, if the wind blows hard enough, the power goes out.

#35 ·
Oh wow, that's crazy! We don't get strong winds like that in Jersey. And I'm glad I made your day. I'm going to go out and get those warmers ASAP.

#37 ·
Wow... I'm kinda glad I live where there's no crazy weather. Sometimes we'll get a big snow storm, but that's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.