Betta Fish Forum banner

New Here (Photos)

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sundstrom 
#1 ·
Hello all! I'm new here. The names Terri. I joined this forum because tonight I bought my latest Betta. (Crown Tail) Well first since I was a freshman in high school. Which wasn't that long ago :)

I need a name for him. I've gotten one suggestion so far : Doug. I'm not soooo sure about it though. Lol

Here are some photos of him being acclimated. Not the best, sorry. I will get much better ones tomorrow.

I picked him up at a local PetSmart. Mainly because even though they keep them in those tiny cups, they were all very clean and from what I could see, none were "floating."

It took me 45 minutes of staring at each Betta before I finally picked him. He was "the ugliest one" and I fell in love :)

So without further adieu . .

I hope he's worthy of your praises on here. I've already grown quite fond of him. As I have with all my fish babes :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I always have an inclination to purchase the ugliest fish just out of fear that no one else will, although I think "Doug" is far from ugly. I had an brown betta that I rescued from Walmart named Puddle because an employee tried to convince me that a 10 gallon was way too big for a fish that lives in puddles in the wild.

#8 ·
Hahaha!! Ooooh gotta love those large chain pet stores. I would buy as many as I could in one swoop, separate them and give them each their own space that's bigger than 1G.

The new guy is exploring his 10G. He's pretty spoiled I suppose when most people (who don't own or know anything about any type of fish) think they can live happily in a dixi cup. I hate seeing how depressed they look. It took me 45-50 mins to decide on him. But I think I made a good choice.

#4 ·
awww hes not ugly. Although he looks a bit thin and bloated at the same time. Make sure not to overfeed him :) Although im assuming this is from the petstore not you as you say he's being acclimated. I would name him rick or ricky. idk why but it sounds cool :p

#7 ·
I'll be very careful not to overfeed him. I fed him a tiny bit and he gobbled up every piece. Hopefully that's a good sign. He spotted his reflection and went for a run down the side of the tank. Lol. I hope he'll be happy.

And I meant ugly by others standards. Not mine. I like the more unique looking fish.

I have another tank with fish that I love dearly. Who most are suffering from the dreaded Ich. Don't worry everything for the new guy is brand new minus the tank.

I love his face so much already. I get quite attached to my fish. I try to take great care of them, even tho my other tank is having issues.

He is also alone in his tank. No friends. Yet. One day in the future. Maybeeeee.

#5 ·
Here he is in the tank now . . I acclimated him for about 50 mins.

I was just curious....how can you tell the crowntail males from the females?? The one I got didn't say if it was either or . . .

#9 ·
That's what I thought, but I don't like to assume. I <3 Google. Lol. I've been doing my research on Betta's like I have with all the other fish I keep.

#13 ·
Wow your just like i am i have a red halfmoon, i spent 2 days on the internet looking for an acceptable name. Then one day i just was thinking and OLIVER just popped into my head. I was like "THATS IT THATS IT, MOM MOM MOM I KNOW WHAT TO NAME MY FISH". It was funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.