Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh no! heat problem!

493 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Alex09 
#1 ·
After feeling a bit cool, I checked and the temp was 71 degrees! I don't know what the water temperature was, but that was the air temp. I read that in Hawaii it can get to 60 degrees in the winter! I thought it stayed warm enough for no heater year around...

I mention heaters to my mom and she tells me to tell my dad. Naturally, he says that heaters are "Dangerous, cost a lot of money from electricity, etc." But I need to get a heater! I can't put a lamp next to my Bettas they're all in use (and no room)

Any heaters reccomended (IDC what my dad says I'm getting one) I have a 2.5 and 1.5 gallon tank. Also, since I'm going to be getting this, what's a good heater for a 10 gal? Or, can I have some other heating idea?

#3 · (Edited)
Get an adjustable heater. Approx 5 watts per gallon so a 5 gallon needs a 25w heater, 10 gallon needs a 50w heater etc... They are NOT dangerous, and do not cost that much electricity. I have a space heater in my room its 2,000 watts. THAT can make a bump in the bill if I use it too much but 50w wont. And its not like it will be on 24/7, only when it needs to heat the water. It will shut itself off when desired temp is reached, and turn back on when it drops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.