Betta Fish Forum banner

Charlie has passed

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Romad 
#1 ·
Charlie my Mystery Snail has officially passed away. He/She had been stressed, and I tried to save him, but it was fruitless. I wish I could've buried him/her, and given him/her a proper funeral. But, unfortunately he/she kinda fell apart as I was pulling him/her from the tank. So, his/her stinky little body ended up in a bag in the garage. :roll:

Anyway, good bye Charles (or Charlotte) the Snail the Short. You were a regal little snail, and your Betta Neptune already seems to notice you are gone.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I knew people on here would understand. My friends all acted like I was crazy mourning a snail. My mom and boyfriend understood, because they understand me but they still don't understand the actual emotion behind it. Even if they are "just fish" or "just snails" we invest part of our lives, our time, our energy, ourselves into them. We learn their quirks, their personalities, their likes and dislikes. I have always said owning animals is the most joyous and painful thing I do with my life. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

#6 ·
Awwww.......... sorry to hear about Charlie.

You can still bury the shelll in the garden or a potted plant? Or wait until the shell is cleaned out and put it in your tank anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.