Betta Fish Forum banner

These forums have changed me

901 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 ·
Hello all,
About a month ago my mom won a betta fish tank and a coupon for a free fish at a wedding shower and gave it to me since she knew I wanted a fish.

It's one of those 1/2 gal tanks, nothing special.

So I thought 'oh cool I can finally get a fish'

Then I went looking around on how to take care of a betta fish on the internet and came across this forum, after an hour or so of reading I couldn't even think about putting a poor betta in that tiny tank, so today I went out and bought a 3 gal tank with almost all of the things I need to take care of a betta.

I'm setting it up now and I cant wait to go out and get my betta!

I really hope I'm doing everything right ^.^;

Anyway I really wanted to thank this forum for showing me how to take proper care of a betta

#5 ·
okiemavis said:
Best of luck!! There's also a good topic floating around here somewhere on how to pick out the most healthy betta at the store...
Oh really? I'm going to have to find that because my next fish tank will be a tank at my office for a betta.

EDIT
Found it
And Okie, this quote made me laugh:
If he tries to kill you through the wall of his little cup, there's your guy!

#6 ·
I am a major perfectionist, so before I got my first betta fish I did a lot of research online. The only problem was, if you know nothing to begin with, you don't know what to look up! I have learned so much here myself, and everyone has always been helpful answering my questions. To give you an idea of how bad it was, my dad told my mother when we got our first tank when I was younger than 5, that it would only need to be cleaned once every 6 months :? ! Needless to say we had many unsuccessful fish tanks over the years, and I shiver now to think what those poor fish were subjected to :oops: . Anyways, just wanted to say thanks as well!

#9 ·
I would just google "fishless aquarium cycle" and read up on it. That's what I did, and there are many great articles that are much more in-depth than what I have time to describe here. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.