Betta Fish Forum banner

My Best and Last are Passed

681 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Xaltd1 
#1 ·
My sorority tank is a huge failure. I've lost all the girls. I loved Mist so much; I haven't seen another like her. Tang, my most recent purchase, followed her the next day. Both were $$ imports...
I have NO IDEA how to move forward. I only have Butch left, alone in his 10-gal & HAPPY. (He has some oto cats to play with.) What am I going to do w/ this 29 gal.? It is well established w/ plants, healthy otos, ocellifers, shrimp & assassin snails.

#3 ·
I think that there is a disease present in the tank that isn't showing in the catfish. I was thinking of trying guppies or mollies to "test the waters".

#4 · (Edited)
I feel your pain, the same thing happened me a few months back. Sorry for your loss. :-(

I don't think you should try again, not for now. When my sorority died off, a female survived. Then she died, and after 2 months or so I got a new male betta. The new sorority would remind you too much for a few weeks.

You can get a male, that way you don't have to lose that much.

EDIT: What were their symptoms? I don't recommend both, guppies introduce disease quickly if not quarantined. That's what happened with mine. Mollies prefer brackish waters, your plants wouldn't like that.

#6 ·
I do have that 1 male in his 10 gallon. I thought of getting an import for him to mate with and re-populating my big tank that way.

#8 ·
Yes; I tried a spawn this spring, all died.
I would preferably destroy many of the eggs, then sell/cull the extras.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.