Betta Fish Forum banner

Dear Craigslist, For once, I love you!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AngelicScars 
#1 ·
Just picked this up for free... 4 HOURS after it was posted... I didn't think it was gonna be there, but worth a shot to go see :D What was even better is that I fit all of it in my 97 Ford Taurus :p
So, since you are all probably wondering what it was that I got, here it is! (below is a copy of the add, sorry about the head tilt on the pic)

The ad:
FREE 55 gallon fish tank, the black two cabinet stand, filter, heater, decor, food, test kit, 5 gallon bucket. vaccumm to clean it etc. Works no leaks. Outside at Capital City Apartments - at the dumpster on Ruddell Side. Didn't feel like dealing with selling it. Grab it today or tomorrow or I am putting it in the dumpster Sunday eve for the garbage pickup. The tank itself will need to be cleaned out from the algae and remaining water (about 2 inches)

Yup, lets just say I'm pretty happy :)

See less See more
#9 ·
I've seen a 75 gallon saltwater set up with everything free, you just had to tear it down and move it out the house on your own. If I could afford saltwater I would have jumped right on it. XD

That's an awesome find though! Congrats!

#11 ·
1fish, there were a few fish still in there and I don't know anyone locally that would have taken them. The more I think about it though I really don't have the room for it. My 40 breeder my hermit crabs are in is way too big for our small room plus 2 10g's, a 5 and a 6.6 long. |D

#12 ·
LOL.. that's why I love having my old room at my parents house. Right now it has an empty 55, 29, 20 high, and 10 gallon just waiting until I have a place to use them.

If it had fish I agree, I wouldn't have taken it, Although I have an awesome petstore near me who would probably re-home saltwater fish if they were healthy enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.