Betta Fish Forum banner

Filters

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  AngelicScars 
#1 ·
We got a 5 gallon tank kit. It had everything that we needed in it. The only problem is the filter is too strong for him. I've read on here about rigging my current filter, but I don't know if I want to try that.

I was wondering what would be the best filter for my 5 gallon tank? Would this be okay?
http://www.aquariumguys.com/whisperpower4.html

My Betta is the only being in the tank btw.

#11 ·
Hi AngelicScars

I use filters in all 3 of my tanks, 7.5G, 13G and 37G....all fluval filters.

For my 7.5G tank which is divided and has 2 Bettas in I use the baby one of the Fluval filters...it`s called Fluval Plus 1.
It doesn`t have a flow adjuster but to be honest I don`t find that the flow is too much at all for my Bettas to handle, they cope with it really well.
I have planted to the front and side of the filter and find that interrupts and lessens the flow too.

Here`s a link to the smallest one i have:
Fluval Plus, Fluval Internal Filter, Fluval 1, Fluval 2, Fluval 3, Fluval 4

Hope it helps.

Lise x

#12 ·
Hi AngelicScars

I use filters in all 3 of my tanks, 7.5G, 13G and 37G....all fluval filters.

For my 7.5G tank which is divided and has 2 Bettas in I use the baby one of the Fluval filters...it`s called Fluval Plus 1.
It doesn`t have a flow adjuster but to be honest I don`t find that the flow is too much at all for my Bettas to handle, they cope with it really well.
I have planted to the front and side of the filter and find that interrupts and lessens the flow too.

Here`s a link to the smallest one i have:
Fluval Plus, Fluval Internal Filter, Fluval 1, Fluval 2, Fluval 3, Fluval 4

Hope it helps.

Lise x
Thank you very much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.