Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #3861 
grobin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchha View Post
It's hard for me to imagine how tiny that tank really is! It's hard for me to find
my new baby betta in 2.5 sometimes, lol.

They should be okay until Tuesday. My first baby went a week without a heater, and she's fine now. Much feistier, now! That could also be why your dark guy seems lethargic, and it's not unusual for bettas not to eat for a couple days after you first bring them home. I'm not really familiar with those foods, but if the Hikari's specially formulated for young fish, it should be great. Idk if I'd feed them the food you got for the goldfish because bettas are carnivorous, and i'm pretty sure goldfish eat a lot of plants?
Just threw out the goldfish food! Thanks! New tank is coming soon with a heater but yeah the current one is really really small. Hopefully these little ones will be very happy soon!
grobin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM   #3862 
grobin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Ah no, best to keep them all separate. While it's fine when they're from the same spawn and haven't been separated, these fish are highly unpredictable. They could co-exist for a couple weeks and suddenly, BOOM! fishy massacre you don't want that.

Really? I love the way Salamanders look ^_^ HM is quite a flashy tail type, it's all the hype right now besides Koi coloration on AquaBid
I totally agree. I think both of these guys have very nice colors. And when I looked up the types earlier beforei responded I think I just looked up Delta and veil tail and forgot HM. I was just looking at costs based on type and HM was over $20 whereas veil tail was about $2. Haha... guess that proves your point about HM being popular.
grobin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:47 AM   #3863 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobin1 View Post
I totally agree. I think both of these guys have very nice colors. And when I looked up the types earlier beforei responded I think I just looked up Delta and veil tail and forgot HM. I was just looking at costs based on type and HM was over $20 whereas veil tail was about $2. Haha... guess that proves your point about HM being popular.
Ahh, I see ^_^ Yeah, even though DeT isn't super "flashy", depending on their genetics, they can be quite nice ^_^ But yes. It's mostly because it's VT is a dominant trait and HM is quite hard to maintain if you don't breed HMxHM, even if you do, you won't get all HM's
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, baby betta care, baby betta photos, cuteness overload, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta