Betta Fish Forum banner

Introducing Patriot

960 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  kaythenewbie 
#1 ·
I was out running errands the other day with my husband. We were right next to Petco so I begged to stop and look at fish (I can never resist a short fish visit). Looking at the bettas, my husband mentioned that they actually had halfmoons there today. Oh my gosh, I found one (of course) that I absolutely fell in love with.

We live in a tiny apartment, and I am putting together a 20 gal community tank. Since my husband insisted we can't have two tanks, I have been trying to figure out a community that would work with a betta.

Here's our conversation at Petco:
Dex (my hubby): Why don't you get him for your aquarium
Me: I can't put him in there! What if he got fin nipped?
Dex: But you were going to put a betta in there
Me: Look at his gorgeous fins. I can't risk them.
Dex: Yeah you're right, he can't get nipped. Of course if we don't buy him, someone with no clue will and then he will never get his water changed and live in a tiny vase and never get fed.
Me: You are going to make me cry. That can't happen. He's too special.
Dex (now eyeing the fish, clearly attached too): Hmmm. . . maybe a betta bowl wouldn't be too big
Me (with insanely huge puppy dog begging eyes :shock:): You think? Maybe we could.

And that is how I ended up with two tanks after all and a beautiful HM :-D. My husband can't resist my puppy dog eyes. That or he is secretly a fish softie.

This is Patriot, he's blue with red on the base of his tail and white fins.
View attachment 17442

View attachment 17443
He's really little. Only about an inch long. But he's sure taken to his tank. He's a really chill fish. But I bet he'd hate the community tank, he's scared of everything that moves. (not a tough betta at all) So I'm glad he's on his own in the small tank.

Sorry for the long post. I just really wanted to show off my new fish!

See less See more
#4 ·
I love it when guys do sweet things for their girls. They just are so great (and so helpless to our cute begging faces ;-))

I was wondering if my fish was really a halfmoon or not. He was labeled as one in Petco, but you can't really depend on them to know (they also had a spade tail they had listed as a crowntail. . .) I love him no matter what type of tail he is though.

Let me know if you get your fish. Good luck!

#3 ·
he is very pretty i love halfmoons i plan on breeding them.

#7 ·
i dont think he's a crowntail. I think he's a delta. Either way.. hes gorgeous! <3 <3 <3

#10 ·
Thanks everyone! You're all so nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.