Betta Fish Forum banner

my male bettafish

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  blueblue48 
#1 ·
i need some help my male betta fish zack is making bubbles all around his little tank but he is by himself i dont have a female for him can someone explain to me why this is happening :?:

#2 ·
ahh no need to worry at all, sounds like you have a happy betta :D . all he is doing is making a bubble nest. Whenever bettas are happy they blow bubbles in the corner of the tank, that way whenever a female comes around (this is in nature of course) to mate, he can pick up the eggs with his mouth and spit them on top of the bubbles.

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to fishforum!

I don't have a Betta but from what I understand this is pretty normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

#4 ·
There are always bubbles at the surface in a betta tank if the betta is happy and is at the right temperature. If you see a large pile of bubbles maybe 3 or 4 bubbles thick and spread over a several square inch area, you have a very ready male that would enjoy some company for only a few hours. After that, the female would need another tank to get away from him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.