Betta Fish Forum banner

what did I need to do?

441 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TheCheese909 
#1 ·
OK I posted a couple of days ago about my betta having some white fluffy stuff on his fin, I thought it was the slime coat originally but now I realize it's fungus and it's spreading on his body. I also did I full clean of the tank but it's still spreading what can I do to get rid of it will epson or aquarium salt do the trick I'll include a picture.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Aquarium salt, dissolved 1tsp per gallon with daily water changes.

If you want to add in medications good ones for fungus growth are Maracyn by Maradel (for freshwater fish) which is a powder, Maroxy by Maradel which is a liquid or API Fungus Cure which is also a powder.

Maracyn is a white powder that goes clear in the tank, a little sprinkle daily.

The Maroxy is a clear liquid, use half a cap every day with every water change.

API Fungus Cure will turn your water green, just a little sprinkle, also daily.

Each can be used with AQS. If you would like you could use one of the powders with the Maroxy, just use less than half a cap. I've done so a few times and it's worked fine.

Also try and feed him frozen foods if you can while treating, such as glass worms/mosquito larva or brine shrimp. Feeding frozen or live foods are healthier than pellets or flakes (as well as freeze dried) and can help him fight off infections much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.