Betta Fish Forum banner

Why Lucky?!

855 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bloo97 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning I woke up and noticed Lucky in his pirate ship. I come back 10 minutes later and he's still there! :|I try shaking and tapping his tank and even moving his pirate ship. At one point he stopped breathing, but I tapped the glass and he began breathing again, Thank God. But he's still there! This started @ 7:00 AM and now it is 7:49:30.:-(

Info:
2.5 gallon tank
Filter
Tank Light
Last cleaned 2 weeks ago (Which isn't very long for him)
I've had him for 5 months.

Please Help ASAP!
Thanks in advance!:)
---bloo97

#4 ·
IMO in a 2.5g tank with water changes every 2 weeks....your fish is having a water quality issue....
Depending on your nitrate reading at this point making too large of a water change could cause a nitrate shock and possibly kill him and if nitrate is over 30ppm his immune response could be compromised as well.
Most likely you have high ammonia too and maybe even nitrite and he is slowly being poisoned and suffocating.
If you can check the nitrate and if it is less than 20ppm start making daily 20-50% water changes, if the nitrate is over 30ppm stat making 5% daily water changes for 3 day and increase the percent by 5% every 3 days until you reach 50% and then start making daily 50% water changes for 3 day and then stay with twice weekly 50% water changes thereafter for quality water and health for the Betta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.