Betta Fish Forum banner

Home from work, tail is now destroyed!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
My betta is very active and always swinning around and flairing up at himself.

I do a full water cahnge every Thursday.

The plant is plastic, however its very soft, has a rubberized coating. Used it with previous betta's.

He was fine this morning....

Normal

He's swimming happy... no notice of tail anywhere in the tank....

Now:

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like he blew it. Blowing of the tail is common in halfmoons, super deltas, deltas, and VTs who have very long fins. What happens is that the fish flare to the point that there fins spread so fAR THEY JUST RIP (stupid caps lock).

If it's rot (which can't happen in one day) then treat it with an antibiotic or Jungle Fungus Eliminator.

#7 ·
When I talked to Synthisis on the phone that is the first thing I suggested ... that he is nipping at his fins. Because the bridge is just like mine - and there is no way to tear fins on it. And if the plants aren't hard plastic...it's the only thing I could think of.

#8 ·
I never thought of blowing it. He does flare A LOT!

#9 ·
He looks at himself, the tank is 6 sided and he'll get to a corner and its like BAM flaoting fish fully flared. Or hell jsut swim around the tank real fast flaring up.

I think he has ADHD!

He's swimming around happy, and still flaring up as I type this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.