Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 03:13 AM   #20091 
LittleBettaFish

I don't know what I did in a former life to deserve this, but velvet I absolutely hate you. I wish you would go plague someone else's fish room.

I am feeling like I am in a perpetual cycle of treatment, and those infected either get better or die. Sadly at the moment the latter seems to be the more likely outcome.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #20092 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I think I'm either getting Strep or Bronchitis again

I have black mold growing in my room not even above my fish tanks but on the OTHER side of my room. We believe we either have a Flying Squirrel or a regular grey Squirrel nesting up there since there is a strange oval shape randomly in the middle of my ceiling so likely the squirrel is nesting and pulling away the insulation so the cold air up there is hitting the hot air of my room and making black mold. I can see it at the edge of the ceiling too on the outside wall part but again, it's not over my fish tank part.....UGG

Therefore, mold is causing me to get sick.....ugg
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #20093 
cheekysquirrel

Don't get me started on mold. Seriously.
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #20094 
Magickarp05

I'm really irritated with my cat James. He spent the whole first week Alpha was with us, stalking him and pawing at the tank (he even scratched it a little). Then after days of shooting him down with the squirt bottle, he finally gets the message: He can look, but he cannot touch and he starts sitting on the table just watching Alpha swim around. Then last night, I caught him pawing at the tank again. Now, he's mad at me because I squirted him and he's ignoring me completely whenever I call him or anything. But what am I supposed to do, just let him scratch the dang tank -- it's made of acrylic and the scratches are so easy to see! And he can't keep trying to get Alpha -- he's family!

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?!
Magickarp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #20095 
Tress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickarp05 View Post
I'm really irritated with my cat James. He spent the whole first week Alpha was with us, stalking him and pawing at the tank (he even scratched it a little). Then after days of shooting him down with the squirt bottle, he finally gets the message: He can look, but he cannot touch and he starts sitting on the table just watching Alpha swim around. Then last night, I caught him pawing at the tank again. Now, he's mad at me because I squirted him and he's ignoring me completely whenever I call him or anything. But what am I supposed to do, just let him scratch the dang tank -- it's made of acrylic and the scratches are so easy to see! And he can't keep trying to get Alpha -- he's family!

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?!
Never. The madness will never be over.

I have 5 cats, 2 are kittens. 1 of those kitten, Puma, is obsessed with my female betta, Zip. I'm not kidding. I have moved her from the divided 20g to the 5g and back to the 20g but on the other side, he focuses 90% of his attention on her. I have tried squirting, yelling, chasing, sticky tape (sometimes jumps and hangs off the side of the tank), gently swatting with a fly swatter, smacking the floor with the swatter. He keeps coming back. He is doing it not as often but he still does it. I've done everything short of locking him out of my room (which I can't because I like my door open as I spend a lot of time in here and don't like the closed off feel) because it would be unfair to my 4 other cats (3 really, Annie never comes in here unless the food bowl is empty).

Really sucks that he's scratching the tank, you could try double sided or rolled tape (if you get what I mean). Stick it where he is attacking the tank. You can also tape paper to some of the sides to simply block his view, or move the tank to a higher spot/cat free spot.

Other than that... just get used to it. It REALLY sucks, but there isn't much you can do. Cats will do what they please :I

Last edited by Tress; Today at 10:44 AM.
Tress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #20096 
BeautifulBetta

KIds. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou