Betta Fish Forum banner

How can I have anacharis?

899 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tisia 
#1 ·
I have basic gravel and a sufficient full-spectrum tank light (it's switched off in the first picture). Right now I have Parrot's Feather, a Marimo Ball, and Java Moss, so I haven't had to worry about substrate at all and don't know a thing about it. I want something that can go up the height of the tank, so I guess I have to get something planted. I was thinking about Anacharis, but I don't know how I would get it to take root. Would I have to do an entire overhaul to replace the substrate? Any way I can get out of it? Or what else would you recommend I do to spiff up my tank?

I can tell Casper wants to weave in and out of something, because he'll do laps between the suctioned on thermometer and glass.

It's a 4.6 gallon tank.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Anacharis should do fine in your tank.:) It doesn't need to be rooted..It can be left floating at the top or you can gently stick it into your gravel to hold it down in place. I wish I had better luck with anacharis..I love the way it looks..
Your tank looks really nice btw.:-D

#3 ·
in one of my tanks the piece of anacharis I tried to make float, sank, and the pieces I tried to put in the gravel are now floating, lol. the other one they actually seem to be doing what I want. I just trimmed off any of the leaves that would have been in the gravel and stuck it down in there. the tank that they're obeying in's gravel is a bit higher than the other, so that could have something to do with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.