Betta Fish Forum banner

The Trio : P

644 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  eclover09 
#1 ·
Since I'm new I figured I would post my baby pictures : P

My first Betta I got a year and a half ago, Valentine. He was quite small when I got him, but now he is quite the well sized little monster. He's very feisty! I call him the guard dog cause anyone who goes in my room he puffs up and acts like he's going to eat them haha.

When I first got him in his tiny little starter tank:

Him now in his upgraded one gallon:

A month ago I went on a search for a neon yellow betta fish. I had seen one in California a couple of months ago, but my family and I were moving at the time and I couldn't get it. While going to every petco, petsmart and fish store in my area after we settled in arizona, I stumbled upon this guy and I became quite taken with him and decided to get him. His name is Laborday. He is the only one of the three who is calm and will actually sit still so I can take a picture!

About two weeks after I got Laborday, I was running errands with my friend and we stopped at Walmart, one I was unfamiliar with it wasn't one near my house, and I saw this fish in quite deplorable conditions. His cup was low on water, the water was dirty and he was sitting alone on a empty shelf. It was late at night and I didn't buy him because my mom had said no more pets, but for two days it kept nagging me that I had left him. So I told my mom and we ended up going and buying him, which by then they had stocked the empty shelf and he was stuffed behind all these fish accessories, I'm sure they were just waiting for him to die (don't know if they were just not continuing to sell bettas and he was the last or what, haven't been back there). They even had him priced as a crowntail when he's obviously not, but still bought him. Now he's happy in the living room in his one gallon tank like the others.

On the left is Veteran when I first bought him a few weeks ago, on the right is Valentine. Just for size comparison, Valentine was Veteran's size a year and a half ago lol. Laborday is Veteran's size too.

And yes, I do name my betta fish after holidays lol. I plan to get a color for each holiday, I'm really aspiring for a bright yellow one to name Easter, but currently looking for a black one for Halloween (I go to petsmart and petco like, every weekend). I convinced my mom we needed one for the computer room haha.

See less See more
#4 ·
yeah, I uploaded them on my friends giant gaming computer and they looked small on her screen, until I came home and looked at my computer and realized how big they are, but for the life of me I can't find where to edit the post?

#6 ·
All of ur fish look like sweeties.

(My Jet is like ur Valentine, he freaks out for a nothing, I seen him many a times with his mouth wide open trying to eat through the plastic. But it's just games to him, he's by far my most active fish..I think he suffer's from ADHD the way he bounces around his tank *lol*)

Good luck with them!!

#7 ·
Thanks :p And yeah, I tell people Valentine has anger management issues haha. And I don't have an edit button on my post : / so I'm sorry the pictures are so big, I can't seem to be able to change them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.