Betta Fish Forum banner

the odd life of madmonahan. ;p

5K views 69 replies 5 participants last post by  madmonahan 
#1 ·
i have been going back and forth about making a journal. i problably wont post much but whatever! ;p

were do i start? how about how im getting better?

im finally getting better from being sick! yay!

it all started last monday...we had just gotten home from thanksgiving brake and we were all tired, i was starting to get sick so i retreated to my room to rest. the next day i was....lets just say my stomache wasnt feeling well...if you know what i mean, and running a fever. :( after a few days i started feeling BETTER but still weak. by then my whole family was getting sick! not as bad as me but my little brother was close. everyone else had colds. anyway, we had to go on a marriage retreat the next day, not for me because im not married....lol...but because my dad is in the army so we had to go and support what it was about. we stayed in a BEAUTIFUL hotel! but of course my brother and i were still not feeling good so we stayed in the room all day and watched tv. :/ SKIP AHEAD: to the day we went home (2 hours away) my mom had asked me if i wanted orange juice because she had brought some from breakfast, i said yes and started sipping some orange juice. :) now heres what happened: my stomach started feeling HORRIBLE!!! not just a stomach ache it was painful!!! she asked if i felt like...i couldnt keep it down, so i went to sit in the bathroom...of course you should know what happened....im going to skip the grueling car ride home...it was pretty bad...

when we got home i sat on the couch and anything i ate or drank would make my stomache HURT and would come back up. my mom tried to feed me and give me things to drink, but i refused. when i did try there where the same results. :( i was supposed to get my braces but instead we went to the doctor. :( they had to take my blood, and it hurt! my first time so i didnt know what to expect!they also made me do something else....anyway, the blood came back that i was super dyhighdrated! so they gave me a shot....in my butt...:( painful for days! when we got home i started feeling better and was able to keep down some gaterade, and later some toast! :) SKIP A FEW DAYS AHEAD:

oops! i totally skipped that before my stomache i had a bad cough! ;) i now have slight cold and a slight cough but am doing so much better! :)

i also wanted to state that i am a girl. someone had called me a "he" but i am a "she" ;p just wanted to tell ya!

ALSO tomorrow we are going to petsmart!!! hehehe!! wish me goodluck! because i seriously dont need new bettas now;( i am recovering still and dont even have the energy to clean those poor DIRTY tanks i have now. :( i hope to be able soon! :)

that is all for now! suprised you read it all!!! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok so I got a new betta today! >.< I got him at walmart! Hey, I said I didn't need to get one at petsmart.....:) he is what I believe to be an orange dalmation!

Right now he is in a medicated small container. (bigger than his cup) he will be there for the night until I can get his tank all set up tomorrow! :)

Can someone say something? :)

#5 ·
I'm feeling much better. :) a slight cold, and I get tired easy because I am still recovering.

I'm going to post a thread either tomorrow or the next day!

Went rollerbladeing with my friends today! Spent all day with them so didn't get anything done. :( I have so much to do but I have a busy weekend and school during the week. I hope to do some things tomorrow but might not have time.

Because of me not having time today I couldnt get sherberts tank ready! (the new betta) so I put him in an one gallon heated bowl. hope the heater works, it isn't the best heater. :(

#7 ·
Im going to try to get his tank set up today but it depends on what im doing. He likes the 1 gallon because it's next to the females tank so he flares at them! I put a magazine between him and the tank so the females don't get stressed. :) its cute though, he flares whenever he gets the chance. ;D

#9 ·
It is just so cute!

Sherbert built his first bubblenest today! I didn't get anything done today! I have some things going on so I was sad all day and didn't feel up to it....:( but he loves the 1 gallon! Its huge for him after being in the tiney cup! He can go another day in there....the heater thankfully is keeping it perfect! :)

#10 ·
The weirdest thing....I love food!!! XD but I'm a twig! Lol I eat like a piggy but just don't gain weight! :) weird huh?

Today I got a new fish! Not a betta though....a fancy goldfish! I took him in because my friends are moving and had to options, me, or someone who takes horrible care of there betta? Well I took the goldfish in...because I didn't want it to go to those people! But he has the worse tank conditions! A bowl! I'm going to clean up my ten gallon and put it in it until I can get it a home. But the tank will have to sit on the ground due to no room to sit it. :(

Wish me goodluck! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.