Betta Fish Forum banner

Our newly adopted bettas!

731 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jenidhe 
#1 ·

Kind of a poor picture right now, will work on some better ones, just so excited!

The one on the left is crimson colored with a bit of blue iridescent coloring here and there. Also has a bunch of ruffly, curly bits on it's fins.

The one on the right is not as deep a crimson color, top fin is more blue, and there's blue and green iridescent coloring on it's back and sides. This one's fins aren't as frilly as the other one's.

My 3 year old has already dubbed them Goldfish and Icy.

Going to have to see about getting them a bigger home!

See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty bettas but...I'm not a big fan of tanks like that. I don't even think they are 1 gallon...So I do beileve that you would have to do daily water changes,or at least every other day. Also It stresses out bettas if they can see eachother. Bettas should have around 2+gallons at least IMO. I would invest in getting two 3-4 gallon critter keepers,you can get them at petsmart I know for around 7$ a peice. They are a good size for bettas,and not too expensive. Another good thing is they can be heated,and a heater would be a good idea also if you do not have one since bettas prefer warmer temps around 78-80 degrees. Gorgous bettas though!

#5 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've been reading on this site for the past 4 days since I found out they would give the fish to me. Tomorrow we are going out to look at tanks and such so that they can be happy little fishies. Goldfish has been showing us a bit of his personality flicking his tails and fins around. I can hardly wait to see them in their new (separated!) home!

The three year old clarified that the other is Icee, like the frozen drinks, because of the coloring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.