Betta Fish Forum banner

The new man in my life

912 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bloo97 
#1 ·
Disregard my boyfriend, dog, and horses. This is the new man in my life.

His name's Octavius and I just got him a few days ago. My friend had a tank that was already cycled, so he gave me some of the water from the tank to start off with. Octavius moved in today and he's been so fascinated with everything. I don't think he's ever seen plants or a thermometer before. He keeps attacking it.

My friend housed him in a small 2.5G tank for the last few days while I got the aquarium ready. I don't think he has ever had so much space to move around in.

There's a small section of his tail missing, but that should grow back quickly. Water temp is currently 72 degrees and increasing. The water heat automatically shuts off at 78 and turns on when the temperature decreases.

View attachment 24054
The dark spots are just water droplets on the outside of the tank. My phone's flash was on, which makes him look darker than he actually is.

View attachment 24055
His undue fascination with the thermometer. He keeps coming back to it every few minutes and pushing it or attacking the tip.

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha, my dwarf frogs are obsessed with their thermometer. They're constantly biting at it. No matter how long I leave it in the same place, they never seem to remember that it's not food.

Pretty fish! :)

#4 ·
hey what a pretty DT? butterfly boy

#6 ·
Yep - the store told me he was a DT. I've been looking at pictures of them and it looks about right. What would you say his color is? I've been debating whether it's blue or green or teal.

Thanks, everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.