Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? new life spectrum pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2-4 pellets

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? 2X a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50 or 100
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? stres coat

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? fin bitter but thats not the issue
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? he seems to be spending ALOT of time on the bottom of the tank and is having issues swimming, it's almost like he has a weight tied to his tail fin and its making it hard for him to swim up. I though SBD but I'm, not sure. I "though" i seen a white growth on his tail but he has been in and out of AS and ES for weeks due to fin rot and tail bitting and SBD..isnt salt a cure for fungus?
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 2-3 weeks ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? epsom salt for 14 days, fasting
Does your fish have any history of being ill? er..he had fin rot when i got him, fins grew back then he bit them all off again.
How old is your fish (approximately)?had him 4 or so months?

He DID look like this, but whenever his fins grow back he bits them off to about .5 of an inch again :evil:. Im not too worried about his fins, its the swimming and kinda lethargic part that worries me.

You cant even tell he is a CT anymore because he bit off all the rays on ALL the fins

He was never really an active fish, but he is starting to worry me.

See less See more
#3 ·
I dont know his age. He came from walmart in July.
He was having issues swimming down so I fasted him and did epsom salt. Now he is having issues swimming up and just lays around on the bottom. :-?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.