Betta Fish Forum banner

constant flaring lol...I mean this is constant..

662 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  scurrie11 
#1 ·
Miyagi has a new thermomiter and hes been flaring at it 24/7, I dont even think hes sleeping...he doesnt seem stressed about it, infact he seems to be having a great time and is very entertained. I however dont want him to exhaust himself and cause problems for himself....do I let him do it or take it away? Even with the light off I see him over there fighting with his thermomiter lol. When he didnt have one he paced a lot, so i suppose either way hes just an active little guy...but ive seriously never seen a betta flare this much...I just want to know if its okay or if maybe I should remove the thermomiter? Hes a plakat so im not too worried about his fins blowing, but will still keep an eye on him et.

#2 ·
He will get bored of it eventually when he realizes it's not there to steal his tank from him. :3 Try distracting him from it, though if you're super worried

#3 ·
Lol, I've got one of those. I moved tank buddies around a couple of days ago, and my CT Bleu got SO MAD and threw a temper tantrum and started flaring at his thermometer I ended up having to put the thermometer on the other side of the division because the dipstick just wouldn't stop. Now he's resorted to flaring at the leaves on the back ground. And so does his tank buddy Simon. Simon is more of a bubble nest builder though, so he does more of that than flaring but I think Bleu just gets bored sometimes when he's not eating and just likes to flare at everything. He ALSO likes to tear his live plants apart. When he's not flaring, he's ripping at the plants and throwing plant parts everywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.