Betta Fish Forum banner

Clamped fins,Roja

2K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  fishyinpa 
#1 ·
So Roja has clamped fins. I tested her water,ammonia is low. no nitrites or nitrates. She has no filter either though. I did however test her pH. I changed her water,a few days ago and tested it. Then it was 6.8 with kh of 20. I just did it now,its 8.0 and kh of 40. Thats a big jump in pH. So I am thinking thats why she has clamped fins? I just did a 50% on her. The tap is staying at 7.2 despite all the rain lately. kh of tap is always low. I bought Nutrafin kh booster,see if that helps any. Im keeping a close eye on her,dont want to lose another one. :-?

#3 ·
Yeah,so far she seems as active as she normally is. She is eating still. Just the clamped fins. So I am just gonna test her tank and see if it stabilizes.

#4 ·
I hope this is not happening to you again. I wish there was something we could do to help you!

#6 ·
ha me either. I wish you guys could too! I was reading about ph shock. Says sometimes it can kill pretty fast,but usually it takes a few weeks to kill a fish. i wonder if thats what happened to my others. Besides my known sick ones of course.

#7 ·
Aww its okay DQ. Im frustrated too. I am staying at 5 bettas for now. Seems like when I have 6 things go wrong fast. Maybe I will have better luck with an odd number lol. Hey,whatever works eh?

#11 ·
i am just changing her water every other day or so. today she has stress lines. she didnt before. her temp is 76,should i turn it up a bit?

#13 ·
okie. i think its turned all the way up though,stupid heaters dont work properly. they are off by at least 6 degrees. they are 25watt though. maybe i need 50s.sucks though,what do with all my 25watters lol. stupid lfs wont take em back.

#15 ·
yeah. well i found that keeping a small blanket over the ventilated lid helps a bit. :)

#17 ·
My Mr. Big had clamped fins too, although his tank was warmer but he also had no loss in appetite and was acting normall. this is what I did to treat it.

I did a complete 100% change at least every other day (with a small change every day), and added aquarium salt (1 teaspoon for every 2 gallons is mine) and bought a type of cure all med thing from Jungle Labs at walmart and used that too.

Five days later, Mr. Big looks MUCH better... his fins aren't clamped anymore :]

#21 ·
haha,thanks! Roja seems okay actually. I check on her daily and her tail fin seems a lil less clamped each day. The pH is evening out. It shifted wildly on her,so Im pretty sure that messed with her. 6.8 one day,8.0 the next. Now she is sitting at 7.4. I really dunno if that nutrafin stuff is working though. Maybe it takes awhile to do anything lol? So i was at the lfs and they had small sea shells for a quarter. I got one for each tank. I read that can raise your kh. So we shall see what happens.

#24 ·
Yup. I am trying my best to save her,cause I think I can. The others,I guess there was nothing really to do. It will make me feel really good to be able to save one from this mysterious trend.

#26 ·
Yep. I think the my other bettas,already had weak immunes for whatever reason and my tap ph going crazy didnt just made things alot worse. So I am hoping that the seashell trick works and keeps things stable for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.