Betta Fish Forum banner

thoughts on aquabid.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  aemaki09 
#1 ·
my petco around here is pretty crappy when it comes to their bettas and i really want a pretty one that is healthy and young....

how many of y'all have bought from aquabid and if you have would you recommend it and who do you normally buy from/where do you normally get from?

I'm a little sketchy about overseas.

anyone know anyone on here that is some babies that they are getting ready to sale in the US?

#2 ·
I have purchased from bettakapes and sirinut, both breeders from Thailand. Bettaakapes was a definite success. Versace arrived healthy and happy, although he was initially stressed from the trauma of travel. I have no complaints. Very responsive breeder. The only bad thing I've heard from bettakapes is that one female arrived DOA covered in black worms... scary to think about, especially since I am expecting a new arrival in the morning from sirinut, which is why I can't say for sure whether to expect a good result or not (crossing fingers!!!!).

Over-all purchasing from AB has been an absolute pleasure. The fish are generally very healthy, young, and robust. Lovely too! Of course, I have also had my fair share of rescues, and they can be a pleasure too, except for the health problems. It's all up to you! Do you have any specific questions I can help you with?

#3 ·
ah okay. that's really good news and is very helpful. no, questions in particular I was just curious. they are very pretty betta's on there and they look so alive and healthy and I was just worried about the travel and from over seas. do they ship to all states or just certain ones?

#4 ·
Most of them ship all over the world. You will need a transhipper who works with breeders and imports them to the US. From there the transhipper will send them to you. It is a long way but Ive never had a doa. Fish are stressed for sure but all got their color back in a couple days. Its easier than most people think it will be.

#5 ·
I've purchased from Xtrembetta (wild bettas), Interbettas, Nicebettas and TMTbettas. All sellers were extremely professional and very prompt with their communication.

Vinita (Nicebettas) went particularly above and beyond to help me out.

I had two DOAs from Xtrembetta when they arrived in Bangkok to be shipped to Australia and he replaced them for me with no hassle and even threw in an extra male.

All the fish I got from AB were very healthy and in excellent condition. Even my wild-caught fish have adapted incredibly well, so although it seems like a scary prospect to have fish shipped out, they tend to take it in their stride.

#7 ·
Polukoff and Chard56 on here sell on AB and are US sellers. I'd go check their sale threads on here, or look them up on AB.

I've never bought from Polukoff yet so I cant speak for him, but Chard is reallyyy accommidating. He's got some gorgeous fish and has hundreds to choose from. Plus his prices and shipping is much more reasonable than anyone else I've bought from. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.