Betta Fish Forum banner

New to the forum! Thanks for the info!

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My name is Mike and I have owned several salt water reef tanks over the years. My last tank was a 190 gallon reef tank with live corals that I had up and running for about 7 years. It was absolutely beautiful but too much for me to maintain and so very expensive. So I sold it off a couple of years ago.

Recently my 7 year old told me he wanted a Beta fish for his Birthday. So after a quick internet search I found this wonderful message board. I want to do things right and knew that the little 1/2 Gallon fish bowl wouldn't be the healthiest environment for a fish.

So I convinced my mom to get him the Fluval Spec V which I will start cycling once it arrives.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the wonderful information here. I look forward to talking with you all.

#3 ·
Great choice! Fluval Spec V is lovely and is great for growing plants! I have a lot of thrivng plants in there! Let us know how it goes and make sure to post up pics! Also does your son know what type of betta he wants?

#10 ·
My son is only 2 months old, so can't quite get his attention onto pets yet, but very soon! I have a cat as well, seems to be jealous of my bettas when I spend time with hem lol. That is a great thing your doing for your 7-year old son. The fish looks nice too. You have alot of experience with aquariums, which is cool. I hope your new betta does very well!

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.