Betta Fish Forum banner

Lethargy?

661 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mfskarphedin 
#1 ·
Nina has been pretty lethargic lately, and it doesn't seem like any amount of junk in her tank is going to do the trick.
I doubt she's sick, though that's always a possibility. She acts like her usual self when I come up to the tank, she greets me, swims around and expects food. lol... in fact she jumped for the first time today! *whew*, i'm so thankful for that lid!

How do I make my fish not bored?

#3 ·
I've got her in a temporary 1/2 gallon until I can upgrade her to a bigger tank within the next month or so, (I know it sucks, you don't have to tell me twice.) I keep up on the water changes, at least 50% every other day, and 100% once a week.
The only additive I use is water conditioner, the water stays at a steady 76-78 degrees, as do the rest of the guys. And of course she's by herself.

#4 ·
Maybe she's just bored? You can put little non-toxic bobby-things on the water surface for her to play with (my fish liked to play with floating snails.) Other people play "chase the finger" or use a mirror with males to exercise them.

#6 ·
My bettas was very efficient at eating the eggs and babies. And sometimes the adults. I had to add adults once in a while. Good diet supplement, I guess!

("don't play with your food!")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.