Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta or Guppy fry?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  LittleBettaFish 
#1 ·
Well, I know that stores sell guppies as feeder fish. I saved 3 from the fate of being devoured by my much larger fish in the 75 gallon tank. A day after removing them, they acted like Betta's, spending time at the surface, tail-slapping each other and chasing.

My question is; is it possible to have Culled betta fry by accident? If anyone needs an image, I can get one.

#8 ·
They look like guppies. They are really cute!

#9 ·
The first is an endler, the second are mosquito fish (I think). Both are generally peaceful tank mates, endlers for sure.. Don't know if anyone keeps betta with mosquito fish. They may need a larger tank ifthey are active.. Endlers are often crossbred with guppies so that could be a possibility!

#10 ·
They look a lot like the 2nd pic, so, I think they are that one. They are in the tiny tank, which has more room than the temp-holding cup I originally had for them. So, they have enough room to swim around, but. They usually stay near each other at all times. Except one, who tail-slaps like a betta and chases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.