Betta Fish Forum banner

Sick betta help me please I dont know what to do

434 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Sakura8 
#1 ·
Housing:
What size is your tank? 2 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 76
Does your tank have a filter? no
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Yes Air stone but I removed because I wanted to see if that was causing him stress
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Was using Top Fin betta, but he wasn't eating. Bought Omega One but still not eating
How often do you feed your betta fish? Twice a day two pellets in the morning, one blood worm at night but he hasn't eaten in four days

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 100% water change weekly
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Aqueon betta bowl plus

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:0-.5 range
Nitrate: 0-20 range mg/L
pH: 7.8
Hardness: 75 ppm
Alkalinity: 80 ppm

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Got him about two weeks ago. First couple of days he was fine. then by the fifth day he had white spots. Treated with Kordon RIDICH Ich went away. No other visual changes
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Very lethargic, does not eat at all, floats in the corner with his fins clamped
When did you start noticing the symptoms? about a week ago and treated it. before/during/after medication he has been lethargic and not eating
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Yes I used Kordon RID ICH, began treatment last Friday. Symptoms disappeared Wed. Continued medication for 3 days more. Today removed all the medication and did 100% water change. Still acting very lethargic
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Just got him two weeks afo
How old is your fish (approximately)? he is very small so I am guessing pretty young

I dont know what could be wrong. I see no more symptoms of Ich and did not want to continue medicating him. He is very Lethargic and will not eat. When he does swim around he darts a lot. possible internal parasite problem. I dont want to start another medication since i just finished one. Please help. I dont know what to do

See less See more
#4 ·
I looked up the heaters at Petsmart and it seems the good ones are only suitable for tanks 5+ any good heaters anyone know of i can purchase for a 2 gallon tanks

#5 ·
You may have to purchase one on Amazon.com if you can. I recommend Hagen Elite 25w Submersible heater or Cascade 25w. A heater suitable for a 50w heater won't necessarily cause any harm being in a 2 gallon tank, it just means the water heats up faster (more potential for temp shock) and it could overheat easier too. For now, try wrapping a towel around the tank to keep as much warmth in as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.