Betta Fish Forum banner

instant betta talk?

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
im just wondering if anyone wanna talk about betta fish o.o i just started this hobby like 3 weeks ago and now im addicted......i think about betta fish, talk about betta fish, look at betta fish at petco every other day, stalking other betta fish owner...........

#3 ·
i wish i started this hobby when i was in high school because now im in a college dorm and the biggest tank i can have is 5 gallons plus it's harder to do water change since i have to walk back and forth the bathroom :( I have to leave during breaks and won't be able to take care of my baby......sigh

#5 ·
except im going back to hong kong for christmas break :( sigh i just need to find a really animal caring person that i can trust

#7 ·
for 3 weeks :(

#10 ·
Sadly my tank is only 2.5 gallons so it is not cycled

#11 ·
Get one of those little pill boxes that have the days on it and fill them with a pre-determined amount of food. That takes all the thinking out of it. Pop the lid and dump the food. Water changes...that's another issue. I'd get a small sponge filter and get the tank cycled. That way by Christmas if will be good to go and you might be able to get away with not doing a water change in those 3 weeks. Might be pushing it...if you could find someone that could do at least one or two for you then it would be good. Maybe get some plants...even something like Hornwort will really help soak up nitrates in the water prolonging the time between water changes.

#13 ·
i would but i was told that a 2.5 gallons tank can't not cycle

#15 ·
im 13 and i have a male blue fish thts named swimmy. and u have 2 admit im kinda lazy but i've taken good care of him. im hopping 2 get a female fish (prefer a red 1) so they can start a family.us any 1 know were incan get the girl @?
breeding takes a lot of money and time.....did you do your research?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.