Betta Fish Forum banner

Just When I Said no More Rescues for Awhile...

3K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Artemis 
#1 ·
... I find this guy in petsmart! I couldn't walk away from him, he needed me. He can't stay upright or swim normal and also has some pretty nasty fin rot! Poor man! I've named him Patrick after my favorite character from The Perks of Being a Wallflower :-D

In his cup

And a shot in his new tank!

See less See more
#29 ·
Here is a video of Patrick (and a bit of my other current rescue, Whiskey) last night!! Sorry about the sounds in the background, lol, I was watching Friends!

Patrick is going just unbelievably AMAZING!! I have an adopter lined up for him and he will be going to his new family next weekend!

http://youtu.be/rlLAWb_550k

#31 ·
Cant speak for Moonshadow... but for me, it's heartbreaking when one dies. makes me think of all the things I may have done wrong. ie. "did I acclimate him too fast?" "did I move him around too much?"... sometimes I feel like a fish murderer when a sick fish dies.
on the other hand it's a joy to see one come back to life ^_^

#33 ·
I agree, I recently lost 2 rescues (SIP Tequila and Ducky) and it broke my heart, even though I only had them for a day or 2, I know sometimes nothing can be done but I still have to try!

#32 ·
Whiskey I got about a week and a half ago, his fins were covered in small holes, he had fin rot, sticky fins, had lost a lot of color and was barely moving in his filthy cup. Now he is a whole new fish.

I will rescue bettas that are in really bad shape, sometimes stores will let me have them for free or discounted other times I do pay for them. I nurse them back to health and then adopt them out to new homes! I've been doing it for over a year now. It doesn't make me money or anything, since there are no adoption fees, but it is sooooo worth it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.