Betta Fish Forum banner

This video makes me sad....

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  TaylorW 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Poor guy ! he barely has room to turn around. Its like if I was stuck to live in my powder room which has a toilet & a sink. :-( people r so mean :evil:
I know. I used to think when it was ok to keep them in tiny bowls when I was in High School (I HONESTLY had no idea), but I would never keep them in there now that I know! Some people aren't really mean, but ignorant like I was.

#6 ·
Yes, I see that. He also shouldn't be flaring so much. He's probably angry. I look back in regret at the few Bettas I had before I knew better. It didn't occur to me to do research. I just believed what I was told! I'm SO glad I know better now.

#7 ·
Poor guy! But you guys are right, some people just don't research, I remember my first 2 bettas, I had them in tiny bowls barely bigger then the cups in the petsore, because thats what they told me was right at the petsore.

someone should nicely offer him some advice on youtube, and post link to this forum.

#10 ·
Yeah, it looks like that to me too. She said she will instruct in "feeding and care". Like SHE knows anything about it! She's too dumb to know that you shouldn't put male Bettas together. With her "instructions", the fish would be dead in a week! :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

#11 ·
He commented on the video with this...

The fish isn't live in this small tank.I put my fish there cause it is easier to film it.

Thank you for your nice comment anyway (It is very exciting to see someone comment on my video)

#13 ·
Well, I hope he meant it. The plant being in there and with all the dirt at the bottom makes me suspicious. I really hope he's not just saying it to make you leave him alone. I know, I'm paranoid. lol

#12 ·
It's fine for a short video. I put my 13 tiny guys (wishin they would grow a bit better...grr) in a 10 oz plastic cup half filled during 100% water changes on their tank...my reason is to get as low of an amount of stunting hormone as possible into the new water.

#17 ·
When I saw the video, there WERE no comments. They have been added since then. Also, just because someone says something, doesn't mean its true. Look at how dirty that bowl is. Display cases are usually nice and clean. A fish does not create that much waste in the space it takes to create a video. I'm believing what my eyes tell me, not someone who could be lying about their Bettas living conditions. You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion. Please let me have mine.

#19 ·
I posted the first comment and I meant to give the advice in the least harsh way possible, and they did take it well, and anyways, if they choose to lie about it and it is their real tank, well at least now they have an idea in their head that their betta could be suffering, maybe they'll feel bad and get it a bigger home...

#20 ·
I hope so. I could be wrong. MAYBE they are telling the truth. For the fish's sake, I hope they are telling truth. I just don't understand why they wouldn't clean the dirt out before shooting, though. I would never have a display bowl that messy.

#23 ·
ok I looked at the video again and on his comments he says he is hong kong so he dont need a heater cause the weather is warm. Yet if you look at his profile it says he is in United States. I know this is not proof to anything but when I see two things condricting each other I have a hard time believing what comes out of their mouth. He also seems to chipper most people would take some offense even the slightest. I also assumed he was a school girl but says he is 50y.o. Dunno Im suspicious now

#25 ·
Believe it or not, I've seen worse. You know those half gallon Betta kits with a divider so you have to split 2 Bettas between half a gallon? One guy had the divider in and was breeding bettas on one side. And most comments were saying things like "Thanks for showing me how to breed"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.