Betta Fish Forum banner

my fish stays at the bottom of the tank and wont eat

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ottoman59@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
He's usually pretty lively but has been like this for several days. He used to come up to eat right away and was pretty thorough, almost attacking his feed (dry meel worms).
What I've learned from reading here is that I've done just about everything I'm not supposed to do.
He's in a 1/2 gallon tank that I change about every 4-5 weeks, the water is rarely, if ever 78 degrees, but I've never tested the temp, or anyhting else about it for that matter. I never left any of the old water when I changed it. I do treat the water with Sera Aqutan. I "rescued" this little guy and he was doing fine for a long time. I changed his water about 4 weeks ago (first week of Sept) and now I'm afraid to stress him out or hurt him moving him out of the bowl. He's just laying at the bottom and the last time he came up to eat he spit it out - about 3 days ago. I'd hate to see him die after all he's been through and I've grown fond of him.
Any body have any ideas? Is this something a vet can help me with, where do you go with a sick fish?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.