Betta Fish Forum banner

What do I do with my betta with an abnormal swim bladder?

• Keep her in the situation

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Destroy her

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • put her back in the tank

• dont care

Female with with swimbladder problems

887 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
:|
Ok one of my females has developed jumper syndrome, she kept staying in the corner, trying to keep her mouth by the surface of the water, struggling.
I put her in the little bowl that she was in when I bought her, but floated it in the ten gallon tank.
I change the water in there everyday after I feed her so that she does not get rotten food poisoning (I just let the current of the filter gently rise out all uneaten food and old water).
She still sees her buddies and seems a lot better and happier now.
Do you think this is a good situation for her? I've read that if an adult shows an abnormal swimbladder symptoms, you should destroy the fish!:dunno:

#2 ·
I'm no expect by far but I have a male with SB and he has a nice happy life IMO. He blows nests, flares, swims. His only issue is that he sinks when not actively swimming. Other than that he eats fine and seems like a normal fish.

When not swimming he looks like this

He loves to sit in floating plants and he makes his way around just fine considering

I don't know if this helps at all but I would give her a good workable environment before just destroying her JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.