Betta Fish Forum banner

New Female Betta, sure is a pretty color!

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  hannah16 
#1 ·
*Note* I'm kinda sad writing this today because my favorite Betta, Spectra died. She is my Avatar picture. So it is hard to be as excited about my new Betta as I was a few days ago when I bought her.*

I bought a new Female Betta a few days ago, because my other Betta Lacey just passed away. (Now Spectra too :-( ) My new Betta was a new addition to the pet store's sorority tank. All the other Bettas were just plain red, but I loved her color so I bought her right away. She is a light orangeish color, but in the pics she looks kind of yellowish also. I'm not sure what I will name her yet, I have no ideas so far as names.

#3 ·
definitely a cutie!
sorry about your loss, I commented on your other post about losing spectra. its sad, hopefully this new girl will lessen the pain a little

#5 ·
I am sorry about your loss...hopefully this new gal will bring you joy and help cheer you up some. She is so pretty! I lover her color too! I like the name Sunny since she's so bright and reminds me of the sun...or maybe Sunshine.

#9 ·
Your new fish is very pretty. She makes me think of light. The name Sitara means "starlight", that might be an idea.

Also I am so sorry for your losses. I don't doubt Spectra lived a wonderful life and your new one got to experience what happiness outside of a cup was, thankfully.

#12 ·
Hmmmm... I'm thinking of the suggestion of "Sitara" and "Sunkist" as names so far. I would have picked Starlight as a name but I used to have a Flame Point Siamese kitten with that name :)

#13 ·
Heres some more:

Zora - means "light of dawn"

or

Aurora or even Alba - both mean "dawn"

#18 ·
I am very sorry for your recent losses :(

I do love your new female though! I would LOVE a yellow or that color of orange female for my future sorority tank!

Edit: I also love the name Sunkist!

#19 ·
Sunkist has died! I'm so depressed, so very sad!

She died of that stupid mystery disease in my sorority tank! Even though I was treating them all, they still continue to die. She was so beautiful too! I can't stop being sad and feeling helpless. There are only 4 Female Bettas left! Plus 3 of my 4 Cory Cats died too in that same tank. :-(

Goodbye pretty Sunkist! I didn't even get to enjoy you for long :cry:

#20 ·
Wow... I'm really sorry ;w;!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.