Betta Fish Forum banner

Just a couple of questions.

889 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  xxabc 
#1 ·
I was confused if i should put this here or in the medical forum but i decided here.

My second betta is a clowntail and the some of the points at the end of the tail are bent in diffrent dirrections and i was wondering what did this and how and if i should fix it.
He also seems to have a burst of energy then rests at the bottom and none of his fins seem to move but his gills are still moving so he still breathes.
He also seems to have a slight buldge on the bottom of him behind his pectorals i dont know if i over fed him or if hes just fat?
Ive had him for 2 years when august comes round. so i dont know if hes old or not.

thanks for anyof youre answeres

#2 ·
-I think you mean crowntail? Lol :)

The tails - maybe they were damaged and grew back that way. Without a picture, it's really hard to say.

The burst - make sure he's not scratching himself on anything, that usually means some kind of parasites. Other than that, he was either startled or there's something maybe internal?

You may have overfed him, or he may be constipated. Stop feeding him, and if it goes away, then it's okay. If it doesn't go away within a few days of fasting (no food), feed him de-shelled and boiled peas? Something like that, wait until someone comes along for constipation recipes. Good luck

#3 ·
Sounds like your betta may not be feeling 100%. Please fillthis out to the best your ability so we can halp you diagnose.

CONSULT FORM

How big is the tank?

Is it uncycled or cycled?

How much water do you change?

How often do you change the water?

WATER STATS
Please try to answer these to the best of your ability. If you do not have a test kit, please bring a sample of tankwater to the nearest local pet store. They should test it for cheap, but most of the time free. Write the actual numbers down, don’t take ‘okay’, ‘low’ or ‘fine’ for an answer.

Temperature:

pH:

Ammonia:

Nitrite:

Nitrate:

#7 ·
Sounds like your betta may not be feeling 100%. Please fillthis out to the best your ability so we can halp you diagnose.

CONSULT FORM

How big is the tank? The tank is either 3 or 4 gallons

Is it uncycled or cycled? Uncycled

How much water do you change? dipends on how dirty the water looks. is its alot then 50 if not then 25%

How often do you change the water? I try to once a week.

WATER STATS
Please try to answer these to the best of your ability. If you do not have a test kit, please bring a sample of tankwater to the nearest local pet store. They should test it for cheap, but most of the time free. Write the actual numbers down, don’t take ‘okay’, ‘low’ or ‘fine’ for an answer.
Theres no way for me to get to a local pet store. i could ask my parents but they dont like me having fish that much...
But i do!:-D
Temperature:

pH:

Ammonia:

Nitrite:

Nitrate:
Im not the best fish owner... but i do it with what i can.

#8 ·
Oh the tank was cycled.
Can it be cycled without a filter?
i woke up today with a super cloudy tank so does that meen its recycleing?
and can i still have live plants with out a filter?

#9 ·
I highly doubt it can be cycled without a filter, but technically it can be possible, I think. How do you know it's cycled though ? If you knew its cycled, wouldn't you also know the ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels, because that's how cycling works as well. Not being edgy or anything~

Super cloudy...the FIRST thing that comes to my mind is "Bacterial Bloom". I don't nkow much about it, but I did face it before.

#10 ·
well i read on a site that its cloudy until it recycles.
i did do i huge tank clean it was starting to smell to much like fish so my mom made me clean it:roll:
So i emptyed the rock, put all the fake plants and caves in a bowl of soapy water, put vinegar in the tank and wirled it around to get all of the spaces and then i let it dry while i did the other one in the exact way. then i took both of them and rinsed them out until i couldnt smell any more vinegar. rinsed the plants of well and put them in there then i put new gravvel in it and filled it with water and put the conditioner in it and put the fish in.

Then the cloudyness came. and Slasher seems to be even slower then b4 he also just lazes at the bottom.:hmm:

#11 ·
Not actually, when my tank was cycling, it only faced the bacterial bloom (cloudiness) once, for a few days - and it usually happens at the beginning of a cycle. I wouldn't say it's always cloudy throughout the entire cycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.