Betta Fish Forum banner

Bad tanks for bettas!

9K views 116 replies 15 participants last post by  Livelifelaughlove 
#1 ·
So here i shall post, and encourage others to post, all the tanks that they say are "just great" for bettas, when actually is a form of cruelity!

Hagen Dragon Marina Betta Kit at PETCO

Half gallon tank and the substrate is only supposed to go in the very center, i don't like these at all! actual quote from a comment on this tank as well:
"..And besides, they wouldn't sell it as a betta kit if it wasn't safe for a betta..."

Fish Bubble Wall Mount Fish Tank at Wrapables - Aquariums & Bowls
Granted it is a gallon and comes with many warnings, but for some reason i just don't think this would be a good idea at all, just think if something knocked into it and it fell over!

#57 ·
Emmnemms: How many hours are you doing schoolwork a day? I think I'd have to kill myself if I did home school and high school together! I get crazy from school as it is if I just miss exercising for one day.....and don't even talk to me about homework (which I do in school to aviod getting insanely angry)! One day I'll just escape from school and become a simple corn farmer....sigh. So I better never catch any of you saying that just because someone does well in school that they like it!

That's awesome that you get to graduate 2 years early though! What do you want to do for a living?

#59 ·
Everyone keeps telling me that college is "different" and that they loved college. They said that about HS too.....in all honesty I don't believe them just because I can't see anything good about writing essays and having to room with other people *shudder*. I like my personal space! Only my animals are allowed to invade my personal space lol!

#60 ·
You don't HAVE to live withh someone else. You can get a private room. At least they had private rooms when I went to college, MANY years ago.lol Of course, private rooms cost a little more. I understand not wanting a roommate. I had some real doozies, believe me. lol But college IS different. You have more freedom. You're not stuck in a building 8 hours straight. You may have days when you only have one class and other days when you have 4 or 5. But college isn't for everyone, though.

#62 · (Edited)
If I have the money I want my own room! If I don't, then you can bet there will be a really solid looking divider right through the room :p. The idea of someone being in the room while I sleep just creeps me out :shock:! I never even slept at sleepovers...or anywhere for that matter except for my own house.

I'm just so sick of schoolwork at this point. Especially since most of it seems so irrelevent to me :-?.

Emmnemms: Wow, your highschool is even longer than mine (7:15-2:10 for me). I remember going to school till 3:15 and by the time I got home it was dark! Soooo depressing in the winter time. My cousin went to cullinary school. She can do some AWESOME things with chocolate, sugar, etc. and cooking too! I want you to come cook for me! The extent of me making food is cereal, sandwiches, and spaghetti or macaronni, so I'm in need of some serious help!

#78 ·
I don't have like a "real" job, just the stuff I do in my neighborhood. A couple years ago, I did some caregiving for a neighbor that has Alzheimer's disease. She's in a nursing home now. I have one petsitting job that I do regularly right now but I petsat for a new puppy yesterday and I think that will turn into a regular job for me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.