Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #19821 
thekinetic

I feel your pain bluewind, I watched so many of my little ones die over the years and it is never easy. But like I said before if ever it becomes easy it will be the day I stop keeping pets. Just remember that what makes you a good pet owner is not how long you keep them but how much you care for them, and that can only ever be truly measured when you have lost them because nature knows every tear you shed is for them! *Hugs*
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #19822 
Zuzu

ADD and general impatience means I get very frustrated when people post items on FB/CL and don't respond quickly when I ask questions. I know 90% of the issue is all mine, but itís worse when people do respond but then don't follow up, especially when Iím trying to make plans.

I understand you've got a lot going on and couldn't test those 10-gallon tanks like you'd offered, but it would have been nice if you'd shot me a quick message saying that instead of making me ďbugĒ you about it.

And I appreciated your offer to take pics when you got home from work, but I havenít heard from you since you said that. It would have been nice to get a quick message saying, ďSorry, canít get pics tonight, not sure when Iíll be able to, but Iíll let you know.Ē

I just hate being left hanging! ><
Zuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #19823 
thekinetic

EARACHE, owie owie owie! :(
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #19824 
Bluewind

Thank you for all your kindness everyone. Sorry I was off for a bit. I just didn't feel very chatty for a while.

I now have 3 anoles that I guess I'm stuck with as pets. I had 4, but one decided to jump out when I went to feed them, so God only knows what became of him because I never found him. The remaining three have been named, so they're here to stay. Zipper (like the peas) is green/brown boy. He will allow himself to be touched and held a bit (although he would much rather sit on a shoulder or back). Demon is brown (various shades) and he lives up to his name. If my hand is in the tank, he will sit on it, but you cannot touch him. If you shake a cricket near him, he will hiss, flare, latch on to it, squeeze or violently shake it, and spit it out. George/ia is the same breed as demon but very shy and stays under the water bowl.

I haven't slept well for nearly 2 weeks because of nightmares which leaving me disturbed, crying, and upset. Worst part is that I din't even remember them, so I'm just left with the feeling of unease without knowing why.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #19825 
cheekysquirrel

I offer you hugs, Bluewind. I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time

My rant: I'm on a stepparenting website. One stepmother posted that her stepdaughter was upset after her mother called. The reason? The SD's mother called and told her that the little girl's fish died while she was moving house. Stepmother followed up with "why doesn't she just get a new beta (sic)? They're like a dollar."
Followed up by a whole bunch of people saying "why is she upset? It's just a fish!"
First of all, the little girl was six. Second of all, a fish is not "just a fish" to lots of people. Grrr >_<
Posted via Mobile Device
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #19826 
FishyFishy89

I feel like I'm relying on everyone for everything. And it thoroughly ticks me off! I've been bribing my best friend at least once a week to take me to the barn or work or both. I've been pushing hubby more than ever to take me everywhere in the hopes that he'd be encouraged to get himself a new truck faster and I'd get the Jeep.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou