Betta Fish Forum banner

King Betta not flaring **HELP**

812 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  iheartmybettas 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I recently bought a "King" Betta from petco last week, and since then, he as never flared whenever I place a mirror in front of him. He gets angry and starts to wiggle his tail but I never see his gills open. Is there something I should be worried about??

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not all bettas flare up right away when placed infront of a mirror. I've even heard tell of two male bettas living peacefully side by side from my local pet store. Who knows? If he gets pissed and dances, he's probably fine if he's otherwise acting normal.

And Blazer, a king betta is a particularly BIG betta fish that are usually if not always plakats.

#4 ·
Maybe he's gay? :p

Not all bettas flare up right away when placed infront of a mirror. I've even heard tell of two male bettas living peacefully side by side from my local pet store. Who knows? If he gets pissed and dances, he's probably fine if he's otherwise acting normal.

And Blazer, a king betta is a particularly BIG betta fish that are usually if not always plakats.
Haha maybe! Lol but yeah probably personalities?

#5 ·
I have 2 in a divided tank, they can see each other and they hardly ever flare. They actually will get up close to each other and stare, but 9 times out of 10 they just stare and kind of shimmy up to the divider and sit side by side....I always wondered why but they just don't.

#7 ·
I wouldn't worry about it. My king male wiggles with excitement a lot but never flairs. They are a lot more laid back.

#9 ·
They are like plakats but a lot bigger. Mine is like 3.5" and thick. They are said to be half giant as they don't get as big as giants do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.