Betta Fish Forum banner

Help!!!! Help please!!!! She's almost dead!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Fawnleaf 
#1 ·
SOMEONE HELP!

My female betta jumped out of her tank and I haven't a clue how! The top was on, but I guess she jumped through one of the corners. But that doesn't make any sense because she got WAY across the table! She was almost dry when I found her! Anyway, I put her in and she was still alive, but she is floating and hardly breathing. Can I do something? What should I do? I put her in a net so the current wouldn't hurt her but I think she is dying. What should I do???? HELP!

#2 ·
I would start by turning off the filter and light, lower the water level by half-hold all food and give her a quiet place for now to recover...some will and some do not....

If you have been doing regular water changes I would wait one day and then start making 50% daily water changes for 4-5 days
If you have not be making regular water changes I would go ahead and make one now

Fresh clean dechlorinated water can help prevent secondary issues

Good luck, I hope she pulls through......

#3 ·
Thank you. She used to be beautiful blue, but now she's nearly black with clamped fins. She is just floating. I will move her now. :( I really hope she doesn't die.

#4 ·
If she was healthy and strong before this incident........hopefully she will pull through.......
I have had this happen a couple of times myself and it is amazing what a small opening these fish can get/jump through......one was a dime size opening and she was dry when I found her...but pulled through within 24 hours...the other one...it was too late by the time I found him....

Good luck and keep us posted.....

#6 ·
thank you. i have only had her for 6 months, so i'm bummed. i don't think she will make it

#7 ·
Any update on her..? I hope she's doing all right. ):

#9 ·
I'm sorry to hear that. ): You did the best that you could to help her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.