Betta Fish Forum banner

Show my your black gravel tanks, please!

Tags
black gravel
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Kwomais 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I want to redo my 10 gallon sorority tank and I'm thinking about putting black gravel in it. So I was hoping those of you with tanks that have black gravel could post some pics for me.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Hey! Here is the gravel I have for Mojo's tank! It's the Starry Night gravel from Petco so it has some other colors mixed in with the black (all included in one package)

#4 ·
Hey hey! Black does a really awesome job of bringing out color in your betta, but can swallow your tank if you don't add any accenting colors to mix in with it (lol at my small bit of interior design college course history)!

This is my 20G:

This is my 5.5G:

#7 ·
Thank you white! Both tanks aren't actually exactly as the pictures show at this point. When I took the picture for the 5.5G, it was at night. The lighting is more of a Yellow color, but my boyfriend had the TV going to it's light was just enough to turn the actually sea-weed green rocks to blue. /facepalm. Whatever though. Haha.

As far as the 20G goes. I recently had a bacteria bloom with the fake plants (all except the log and the fake plant within it) so I had to take them all out. Now there is all real plants growing in it. Once they grow out more I'll update with more pics. May not be for quite a while, though. My LPS keeps a pretty nifty 50G in the back of their store that they let me check out all the time, though. They showed me a plant booster that they put in their tank to boost the growth of their live-planted tank, so maybe it won't take as long. :)

#9 ·
Lol, it's very possible. Not a lot of companies make a 5.5G, and it was on sale at petsmart (which is why I bought it). LPS Stands for Local Pet Store. People will also use LFS for Local Fish Store.

#11 ·
There's a few abbreviations on here for things like that. I've yet to learn a lot of them. I just recently learned a few of the tail types. It sure beats typing it all out. Example: the fish I just bought is called a lavender butterfly over half moon, or a Lavender BFOHM. Lol.

#16 ·
Hey! I just put nothing but black gravel in my new 2G tank...it seems to black. LOL. I'm going to add white. Since I'll have a white fish and a white mystery snail. I can't settle with just black gravel....not sure why...I'm a gluten for punishment...-cries at the money spent-

#18 ·
It's my boyfriend's old Aqua-something V (5). It's hexagonalish... it's like someone built an octagonal tank, put a divider in the back and cut it in half. I tried to google it when I got it but it's so old that it's not even googleable! It's at least 15 years old lol. I like it because I get the look of a hex but a smaller footprint, which is huge when you're still living with your parents lmao!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.