Betta Fish Forum banner

Trooper's Mission !

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Guppy Girl 
#1 ·
Well, as some of you might have herd i bought a beautiful HalfMoon off of Aquabid. I bought him from a very well known and well respected supplier in Thailand. i purchased him around, april 7th, and they shipped him to Niagra falls on saturday, then from niagra to my home. i got him yesturday...almost dead !

i was like :shock::cry::evil:!!!
so i took him out of the little baggie, RIGHT away only to find my little guy, floating at the top looking very ill, color all faded, and swimming around in his own nasty stuff.
when i put him in his new home he sank right to the bottem and it took so much effort for him to swim to the top for air. after a few drops of medicne, food, and clean water he started to come around. his colores started to come back, his strength came back, and he was looking more happy !

anyway! here he is =D my little trooper<3

Here is his Aquabid picture

this was him right when i put him in his new tank

all his colores are gone and hes falling over in his own tank.

this is him after a few hours in his new tank.

hes starting to get his colores back, and hes looking better :)

and this is him an hour ago =D

i cant wait to see him with more maitnance =D
i love him !
and hes my little trooper<3
anyway so here he is guys :-D

See less See more
#5 ·
Ahhh bless! He`s gorgeous!! 8)

Sounds like the poor little mite had a right rough trip though. I`ve seen some beautiful pictures of Bettas on ebay and I have toyed with the idea of buying but it`s the thought of how the fish are transported and what the poor things have to go through that has put me off so far. Your story has confirmed in my mind that it`s not right to put any fish through all that stress (imho).

I`m really pleased he`s picked up but as for me buying a fish that has to shipped.......no chance!

You have a gorgeous little fella there, enjoy! :-D

#6 ·
ah yes he's doing great =D loves his new home and he loves attacking his reflection ! idk if its just me, but it seems that this "pure bred betta" is much more aggresive to bettas, but SUPER friendly with me... lol buhhp
but ya i definatly wont be doing this again, way to much stress for the poor fishies !

#7 ·
Some food for thought is that all fish are shipped to pet stores. Then they are usually maltreated there, and have to be transported to your house. Yes, shipping is stressful, but if you can cut out the last few steps it's not as bad.

Your boy is gorgeous, and also very resilient if he has bounced back so quickly! Have fun with him :)

#11 ·
I've thought about aquabid a few times, but the shipping is always what gets me. Not only could it be harmful, but it's VERY expensive. I think I can find a betta I like just as much at petsmart. I do love to look on aquabid though... I can dream can't I?

#13 ·
That and I learned that there is an International Beta Congress in America that has conventions for breeders and fans to go and look. I think you can buy fish there and you don't have to worry about the shipping since your moving them and can tell when they start getting stressed out.

#19 ·
Gorgeous Trooper! Glad he is feeling better. Hope he perks up and shows all his true colors in no time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.