Betta Fish Forum banner

Petco's shipment. WOAH.

7K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  gidgeystartedit 
#1 ·
So, I went to Petco today (It's my b-day :D).. and THEY HAD PLAKATS.
PLAKATS. (I spelled that right?) They had bettas that looked like AquaBid bettas, I was like DROOOOOOOOLING. I WANT THEM SO BAD.
They had a white one with a little red on him (reminded me of my betta)!
They had some blues that faded down to white on the tips... SO PRETTY. Ten dollars a piece, but I would sooooo do it... I've got enough money. They had CTs, ALOT of VT's, Plakats, and even HM's I think... :). I'm gonna try to get one.

#4 ·
They had some at my local petco last time I was there but they were all either dead or not what I was looking for. Either pk or hmpk is my next venture i want one soo bad lol. I often see bettas I want so bad but I either don't have room for them or i don't have money for them. Every time I go to a pet store I want to get a new fish or tank.

#7 ·
The chain stores are getting more and more desired types in every shipment.

The PS near me has Dragon Plakats......just waiting on the right one to catch my eye.....LOL

#10 ·
At my Local petstore, they have a Place called "Betta Land" its a section of JUST BETTA FISH!! They have every kind and Color I could imagine. To only problem is, with their own little section, theres about 75 of them..... Most probably die before they are bought. :s

#12 · (Edited)
i was tempted recently also with an LPS. there was a VT much like my DT in the avatar. the body was peach and had the faint colors of the fins starting. i would've taken him had i not recently purchased a CT in the past week.

Betta are reasonably priced locally VT are $6, CT are $10. HM and DT are different from the 2 shops ranging from $10 to $26 at the other LPS. id never get DT or HM from the one LPS when a 5 minute drive saves me $15 for the same tail type. as far as other tail types go, which ever looks nicer goes for choice locally.

#14 ·
I too have been impressed with the types and colors of betta's available at my nearest petco. VT's are 4 bucks, CT's are like 6 bucks. The HM's are the money, they're around 9-12 bucks a pop. The females are what I've been staring at lately, lot's of CT and HM females, with very pretty coloration. they're only 3 bucks. :p

#16 ·
Muahaha. While I was talking on the phone with my friend (the one I got addicted) last night... I told her about Aquabid...
Now she's drooling over bettas...
Today I saw DRAGONSCALES at my local Petsmart, the one I chose to not go to. I also saw a pretty tan VT.
Females went back to $3, they used to be 1.

#18 · (Edited)
The Petco in Greenwood Indiana by the Hooters has several HMPK dragon scale bettas right now. I'll post pics in a second.
Sorry for the pic quality guys, they looked ok on the phone's little screen but pretty bad in person. The one that looks like an Aripaima I think has a spinal issue, or he's just skinny. He has been there for a few months now, SUPER tough fish I'm tempted to buy him every time I go there :)

#21 ·
Really? My petco has only had VT and baby bettas and 2 or so females. They are all blue or red. Walmart, on the other hand, when they get in a shipment they can rival AB bettas for colors. Key words being "when they get a shipment".

#22 ·
i'll never forget the HMPKDT i saw, my first trip to PetCo. he was stunning, and i wish i'd had the money to get him!

his body was the color of lemon meringue.... then, he had sky blue dragon scales, but they didn't cover him all the way, like a true dragon would. he was just so amazingly beautiful. i want one just like him one day. :U

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.