Betta Fish Forum banner

what kind of betta swims slowest?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  registereduser 
#1 ·
Right now I have Phillip who is a big eared plakat type (I think). He is extremely active. I am going to give him more room in a 20 gallon in a week or 2.

That will allow me to get another betta :redyay:

I don't want to put another super active betta in the 5 gallon so I was wondering if the longer the tail, the slower the fish?

#2 ·
Poorly bred HM bettas are the worst since their body types are not strong enough for their fins and their rays can't hold their fins.

#5 ·
I think with VTs it depends a lot on the personality (although you could say that for any fish, really)-- I've had very relaxed VTs before, and I've had others that are crazy-active. Currently I have a VT and a HM who have about the same activity level, but the HM has, um.. a wider turning radius. ;-) Unlike most fish who'd be happy to, you know, swim around the whole tank, he often decides he wants to do a 180 degree turn so he can sit on the leaf DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM (as opposed to the fifteen other leaves available), and due to the size of his fins the process will often take a hilariously long amount of time.

#9 ·
My Veil Teil is very active. He never stops. I don't even know if he sleeps LOL. He loves the little bit of current in his 5 gallon tank. Just swims all day in the back where there's a little current. So definitely seems like a personality thing with Veil Teils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.